240mm Whirlybird Vent
- 240mm Whirlybird
This important adaptation of the 240mm whirlybird (roof air extractor) is that they are specifically designed for highly corrosive environments. It is the identical specification of the standard 240mm whirlybird with the following important adaptations:
- The spindle, self tapping screws and rivets that hold the assembly together are stainless steel.
- The bearings are completely corrosive free
These roof air extractors measure 325mm across the vanes. Additionally, you can fit them on any type of roof normally at the highest point (hot air rises to the highest point). Manufactured from top quality virgin polypropylene with colour and UV stabiliser included in the plastic.
Standard colours: Silver, Green and Terracotta
Read more on the vents we stock:
- 350mm whirlybirds
- 500mm whirlybirds
- Chimney ventilation
- Solar roof ventilation
- Windmaster tornado series
Advantages of the 240mm whirlybird in South Africa
- Durability – The plastic used on these roof air extractors is heat stabilised. Furthermore it has been UV stabilised for in excess of 10 years. They wont melt in the sun nor will UV affect them.
- Sturdier and lighter – They are lighter but sturdier than the metal equivalent which allows them to start up more quickly. Slow start up can result in leaks;
- Beautiful – The quality is exceptional. Expect an aesthetically very pleasing roof air extractor. The colour is in the material so can’t and doesn’t peel off;
- Exceptionally free moving and squeak free – Furthermore, the 2 x Sealed bearings make this unit exceptionally free moving. Starts in a whisper of a breeze.
- Flexible – Additionally, the plastic is slightly flexible and is unlikely to dent in most hail storms;
- Theft “proof” – the plastic does not have a scrap value. So they are unlikely to be stolen – theft it is a real issue with anything metal;
- Chemical tolerant for highly corrosive environments
Read more on industrial roof vents
240mm Whirlybird Specifications
- 325mm across vanes, 240mm throat
- Extracts about 1000 cubic metres of air per hour @ wind speed of 15kms /hour
- Roof air extractors can be adjusted for roof pitch from 0 – 45 degrees
- Weight – 3kg
Roof air extractors guideline
- Install one per 80 cubic metres of building for ideal air changes per hour (12)
- Install one per 160 cubic metres of building for minimum recommended air changes per hour (6)
Whirlybird roof vents installation cost
If you need one of our whirlybird installers to install the roof vents for you, there with be a separate installation cost. The whirlybird cost does depend on a few factors like the difficulty of the installation. On average you will pay around R900.00 to get our whirlybird installers to install it for you. Please check with us which areas in South Africa we cover for installation before purchasing the product.